Telmori and the Red Moon.

From: Steve Rennell <steve_at_spis.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 16:44:24 +1100

Hi All,
(First Post, hope I haven't screwed this up)

> Andre Osentalka (snipping out the =OAs) :
>
> << So, all Telmori in side the Glowline would be in Wolf form forever, because
> inside the glowline it's always full moon? May it is the reason why the
> telmori help Kallyr Starbrow in fighting the lunars. They don't want the
> Glowline to expand in their terretory? >>

Trotsky replied:
> The magical effects of the Glowline apply only to Lunar
> cyclical magic AFAIK. I would not expect them to apply to the quite
> unrelated 'innate' magical ability/curse of the Telmori to
> transform into wolves at the Full Moon (if we believe Sandy ;-)).
> So, inside the Glowline, Telmori should IMO transform only when the
> Moon is *visibly* full just as they do outside.

Going from memory (Been a while since I played it) but in Dragon Pass, the board game, The Telmori have full power all the time inside the Glowline, and cyclical power outside the Glowline, as combat troops. I'll check when I get home.

If I'm remembering correctly this suggests to me that they are affected by the Red Moon, and would be always in wolf form (or at least have the option all the time) inside the glowline.

That raises a slightly different question, Is the wolf form an option for the telmori at empty moon?

Cheers,

Steve
Steve_at_spis.co.nz