Spirits of Law

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 17:31:17 +0800

>I have two tentative alternatives: 1) they are spirits of the Copper Sands
>which the nomads have learned to summon,

        I like this version of things a lot! It reflects not only their anti-chaos nature, but also makes it obvious why a) they are mindless (spirits of Law have no Int) b) they are a Waha magic not a Storm Bull one.

I would say
>Also, can they attack disease spirits (if disease spirits in fact are
>chaotic)?

Yes
>Can they attack chaotic spirits? Can they attack chaotic spirits
>possessing someone?

Yes and yes.

>Can they "cure" a broo impregnation? Can they be used
>to cleanse stuff befouled or cursed by chaos (like chaos-tainted god
>crystals)?

No and no. They are spiritual beings only. They can only attack other beings that have a spiritual existence.

Someone else
>I've been buying up the AH stuff, before that goes out of print. The
>only thing I've not got is a GamesMasters box - do I need it?

Only if you don't have the Deluxe set.

>I'm looking for Griffin Mountain, Pavis
>and Big Rubble. Are they worth getting in the light of AH's River of
>Cradles et al.

        Yes, but god knows where you will get one.

>Finally, is it worth buying the RQ2 companion?

        I found a few useful things - a good thing to get if you're a completist, but by no means the most important RQ2 item. Quite a few useful bits, a few pretty average bits. Still, many many thanks to Mike Derry for my copy.

	Cheers
		David