Spirits of Law

From: Maria or Michael <michael.raaterova.7033_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 11:15:26 +0100

Several people kindly answered my questions, for which i thank them.

Maybe i was a bit hasty when i attached the SoLs to Stormbull. If the SoLs are in fact the ghosts of Genert and the Golden Folk (and thus the Copper Sands, metaphorically speaking) it makes sense that they attached themselves to Waha, as Waha should have some anti-chaos powers of his own since he is the son of the premier anti-chaos god.

Perhaps it was Borabo, first shaman of Waha, who discovered the Spirits of Law?

RE: what SoLs can and cannot do
I envision that Spirits of Law can scourge anything tainted with chaos. But i don't think they are very skillful or precise, so they can't just remove the taint and leave the thing or person otherwise intact or undamaged. Quite the reverse actually.

A victim of chaotic possession (including disease spirits) or broo rape could very well die when the SoL combats the chaos within. When chaos is intrinsic to the existence of a creature, that creature must die if the chaos is to be thoroughly scourged. A tainted or chaotic item scourged by a SoL is probably destroyed or rendered useless by the scourging.

This means that spirits of law can try to scourge anything tainted by chaos, but that it carries a high price. You *can* try to "cure" a broo impregnation, but you'll probably kill the victim, already weakened by the rape. Even if the victim doesn't die, permanent stat loss inflicted by the scourging could cripple that person irrevocably.

I think it serves MGF having SoLs that are capable of attacking anything of chaos. They aren't particularily POWerful anyway, and possibly you need some Copper Sand to summon them. Even so, using SoLs to "cure" disease and broo impregnations isn't exactly riskfree, since the victim may easily end up very dead, though untainted.

SANDY, he say:
> Disease spirits are chaotic enough for Spirits of Law to attack
>them.

>In any case Jraktal is NOT a chaos deity, any more than
>Malia, Ompalam, or Ikadz are chaotic.

 ^^^^^

So, are Malia and her disease spirits chaotic?

Michael Raaterova

<.sig omitted on legal advice>