Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #291

From: Erik Nolander <eriknolander_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 02:34:36 PST

Peter Maranci wrote:
>More than anything else, the problem is
>this Digest. There are a hell of a lot of "lowbrow" RQ/Glorantha
players
>who get damn little out of the endless scholarly discussions here.
- -..
>not only is the Digest unfriendly, but it's *useless* to them as
gamers.

I'm afraid you're dearly wrong here, Peter. Being a more-or-less new RQ'er, I must say that the Digest is really useful to me, even though I couldn't care less about pole arms or cat vs. dogs discussions ;-) Since I joined the Digest this summer I've posed some newcomer questions, all of which have been received with sensible answers (even the one about the nature of the gods...). I find no evidence whatsoever that the situation is as Mr Maranci describes it. I don't want to prolong this debate, since I feel that it has gone a bit too long already. I just want to add my praise to Nick Brooke's posting in #290 (Hurrah!), and in closing wish everyone a Happy Christmas holiday.

Cheers,
Erik Nolander

eriknolander_at_hotmail.com

"And finally, a heartwarming thought:
we are all doomed, but some of us are more doomed than others." Robyn Hitchcock