Gregging & GTG

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 04:55:38 -0800

[Gregging]

Certainly hasn't happened to any fan material
>that I've seen. If you going to speculate, perhaps you could
>take the trouble of finding out the FACTS behind the dearth
>of RQIII gloranthan material instead of perpetuating unadulterated
>horseshit.

Okay, I know this isn't to do with RQIII as such, but here's an example that happened to me. At Convulsion a group of us gave a seminar on the Grazers. Greg, that night, talked to me about the Grazers & gave out a lot of valuable information and said he was interested in seeing what we'd produced. We sent him an outline of stuff, which he returned with corrections. We then wrote 250-odd pages of info on the Grazers detailing everything we could think of (we decided to leave the editing to some one else). 18 months later, I get an e-mail from Rob Heinsoo saying:

 "We won't be approving
independent publications that cover major culture areas at the core of Dragon Pass. [snip] Some of the main streams of your work are definitely at odds with Greg's approach to the Grazelands..."

Note, this was a year and a half later, after we've already had revised notes sent back from Greg which makes me wonder why they wanted to see our stuff in the first place if they're not going to use independent publications on core areas. [A cynic would say that they want to nick the good ideas and use them theirselves].

Anyway, the way for GtG to go, I think, would be to publish a series of books on each of the cultures with their history (as they see it), religions, myths, military etc, etc, etc, (not unlike, I must say, what GW have done with Warhammer/Bloodbowl).