Elf Rune again...

From: joelsona_at_superman.cig.mot.com
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 15:53:22 -0600

Stephen Martin:
>Although it has been said a number of times that elves are descended from
>the "Man Rune," I have only seen a _single_ reference to dwarfs being so
>descended. And since it was a Kralorelan source linking ALL INTELLIGENT
>species as being descended from the "Man Rune" of the Wild Man, I have no
>trouble ignoring it as irrelevant in this discussion.

     I am not an expert on what is in which written source, but pray tell; in which written source does it say that the Elfs and Dwarfs are _not_ descended from the Man Rune? You are free to suit yourself in this matter, but: a) if I have to chose between the authorities, I'll pick Sandy (the one with the biology degree) over you. No offense. b) it all leads back to what I was originally driving at; access to more non-human PCs that aren't deranged.

     How many people have seriously tried to play a dwarf or an elf in strict adherence to the sorts of societal descriptions given here on the Digest? Was it a good or a bad experience? Opinion poll time....

Andrew Joelson                              joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com  -|-
aka Rupert von Harl; Cults of Seven Mothers, Yanafal Tarnils and Humakt |  "Contradiction? No, I always did tend to kill chaos creatures anyway" /