Man-rune foolishness.

From: peter metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 11:15:29 +1300 (NZDT)

Stephen Martin:

Me>>In this case
>>Occam's razor indicates that there is an omission (aka Gold Mostali
>>software upgrade to prevent occurence of openhandism) of anything
>>resembling Grandfather Mortal from the myths than the complete
>>absence of grandfather mortal in the actual making of the mostali.

>It could also indicate that the dwarfs, the Clay Mostali, were
>deliberataly built in the shape of human beings -- as a fast-reproducing
>species, they would be a good model to use, since quick replacements is
>what the Mostali sought here.

In which case they are still descended from the Man Rune in the everyday sense of the word.

>>If anything [the Uz] would follow the Rathori women
>>and claim that Kyger Litor and Korasting were (note past tense) so
>>fertile they could begat children without men. That would remove
>>at a stroke any human connection yet it changes not the fact that
>>the Uz are descended from the man-rune.

>Um, Grandfather Mortal is only claimed as a _human_ by humans -- I think
>you are showing a personal or at least Orlanthi bias here.

Huh? I said Man-rune above. In any case I am not interested in pedanty (nor irrelevant personal bias divination for that matter) about the correct way to refer to the primal man/grandfather mortal/ man-rune/old woman etc or whatever excerable incorrect usage one's personal biases may prefer. I just wanted to point out that it was beggaring increduality to insist that the dwarves are not descended from the man-rune solely because their myth says they do not.