Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #319

From: madamx_at_mikka.net.au
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 08:59:34 +1000

> THIS MESSAGE IS IN MIME FORMAT. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

adding to Mr Bournes comments there is the storm priest who sprouts foliage from his lungs, reference forgotten, &an 85 year old NPC with alzheimers & senile dementia in Gaumata's Vision. Granted these are all a consequence of living not inherited deformities.
If Ms Williams arguements for Ernaldan abilities to correct congenital deformities are taken as true how do they affect the birth of ogres? Given the comeliness of an ogre one could expect those in human society to produce the odd child outside their own supervision. If this child is then subject to Ernaldan normalising magic does it become human? BTWgreat idea for SC ensuring its own racial purity. I'll steal that. Maybe that's why old Ironpike is so keen to dye his beard as well, black hair marks him as a freak who could not be blessed (an Ogre???)
Mr Ferro writes about Lares & Pentaes.
I am currently populating the Amad area of Far Point with a great swarm of spirits (one under every stone) including stead spirits of various sorts. For this I have found A Field Guide To The Little People very useful as it gives a 1 or 2 page precisis of each being which can often kick off G. ideas. Also Mr Hughes published a great artical in Questlines called Spirits of the Far Place which deals with Orlanthi stead spirits among others.
 Mr Metcalfe postulates heritable traits without DNA Perhaps children inherit spirits or totems from their parents which influence the way they look & behave. Thus deformities could be caused by attacks on either totem spirit & Ernaldan Eugenics could be a way of healing or protecting a child's totems.

Darvall.
Madamx_at_mikka.net.au

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #319</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">

adding to Mr Bournes comments there is the storm priest who sprouts foliage from his lungs, reference forgotten, &<U>an 85 year old NPC with alzheimers & senile dementia</U> in Gaumata's Vision. Granted these are all a consequence of living not inherited deformities. <BR> If Ms Williams arguements for Ernaldan abilities to correct congenital deformities are taken as true how do they affect the birth of ogres? Given the comeliness of an ogre one could expect those in human society to produce the odd child outside their own supervision. If this child is then subject to Ernaldan normalising magic does it become human? <BR> BTWgreat idea for SC ensuring its own racial purity. I'll steal that. Maybe that's why old Ironpike is so keen to dye his beard as well, black hair marks him as a freak who could not be blessed (an Ogre???)<BR>
<HR ALIGN=CENTER SIZE="3" WIDTH="80%"><BR>
Mr Ferro writes about Lares & Pentaes.<BR> I am currently populating the Amad area of Far Point with a great swarm of spirits (one under every stone) including stead spirits of various sorts. For this I have found A Field Guide To The Little People very useful as it gives a 1 or 2 page precisis of each being which can often kick off G. ideas. Also Mr Hughes published a great artical in Questlines called Spirits of the Far Place which deals with Orlanthi stead spirits among others.<BR>
<HR ALIGN=CENTER SIZE="3" WIDTH="80%"><BR>
 Mr Metcalfe postulates heritable traits without DNA<BR> Perhaps children inherit spirits or totems from their parents which influence the way they look & behave. Thus deformities could be caused by attacks on either totem spirit & Ernaldan Eugenics could be a way of healing or protecting a child's totems.<BR>
<BR>

Darvall. <BR>
Madamx_at_mikka.net.au<BR>
</BODY>