Elder races preferred environments

From: Andrew Raphael <raphael_at_research.canon.com.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 19:06:18 +1100 (EST)

>Why their preferred living areas must be so different from human lands?
>IMO, uz would cheerfully take any and all forested and rich lands given
>half a change. Mostali factories could very well be above the ground in
>some places.

The Uz would, for preference, return to the Underworld instead of the living in Hurtplace, but since half the day Yelm is there it's now just as bad as, say, Dagori Inkarth. The troll lands weren't as horrible as we think they are before the trolls arrived. They are like that because they were made like that by the trolls so they could feel comfortable.

The preferred Mostali environment is the built environment. They don't care if it's above ground or below ground as long as it's architecture. Below ground is more defensible, that's all, and there's more room below ground (volume of a cube, area of top surface of cube).

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #354