Messages from the future.

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 19:55:09 GMT

Stephen Martin he say:

> Michael Cule, Actor and Genius, is a Genius:

(It's nice to be appreciated....)

> And nobody on the Digest ought to be able to object to this, since there
> is Gloranthan precedent: Good old Snodal of Fronela found a map of the
> future made by Zzabur, and set about trying to change the fact that most
> of Fronela was under water.

While I think that Zzabur's map could have been an operational plan, what the party in my game has found is definitely fallen through from a future. Is the fact that it fell through at Refuge, a town which was founded by the Trickster and has the only full sized Trickster temple I know of hidden beneath it (ING of course) of significance? Only time will tell.

> However, you now have an obligation -- the results of this discovery IYG
> need to be as dramatic and earth-shattering as were Snodal's!

And this probably means that I'm going to have to find a way to write my HQ rules down.

But first they are going to have to decide whether to keep reading, whether to destroy the book (which would be the wisest course: no honestly...) or what.

If they read the book all the way through they will discover that Argrath will tear the Moon down. And perhaps only Argrath could. But they will also discover what the world will be like after Argrath has finished. And I don't expect them to like that at all....

And the process of reading it will cause certain problems in the mentality of the scribe translating it....

If they do nothing the ordained path will happen. If they were to warn Kallyr what Argrath is up to (if they can figure that out from the biased texts in the book) would she be able to do what King and Prince Argrath did?

Can they ensure the end of the Evil Empire AND prevent the destruction of the gods? Can they discover the cause of the Illiteracy Plague? Can they figure out who the Harshaxes are?

Heh. Heh.

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.