Pure Horse People and the EWF

From: Jeff Richard <jrichard_at_cnw.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 09:35:28 -0800

Howdy -

Nick has done an excellent job summarizing source material detailing the relationship between the EWF and the Pure Horse People. I think it is rather uncontravertable that the EWF "invited" the Pure Horse People into Prax, and used the PHP as allies against the nomads (and probably as mercenaries in their many wars). As for Nick's further suppositions about the underlying relationship between Dragon Pass and the horse nomads, let me just say that I'm unconvinced. :)

That the God Learners allied with the PHP against the animal nomads shows merely that the PHP hated the animal nomads far more than they loved the EWF. Peter wrote:
>To split hairs, the Heortlings were allies of the trolls and _then_
>they were resurgent but rebellious. They revolted sometime about
>550 ST according to Uz Lore p24.

To be even more hair-splitting, the Heortlings were allies of the trolls and _then_ they were dramatically resurgent with the EWF. The Heortlings revolted against their troll allies sometime about 550 ST, and formed the EWF a generation later in 578 ST.

Increasingly, I believe that Knight Fort was originally a Jrusteli fortification of the Second Age, not a Third Age construction by the Merchant Barons/Princes of Wenelia, not a EWF construction and not a tomb to the unknown soldier.

Jeff