GD#471

From: were.ralph <were.ralph_at_virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 19:10:44 -0800

Andrew Staples writes:
David Dunham (and several others) pointed me in the direction of WB&RM/Dragon
Pass for Orlanthi head hunters. Thanks - don't I just wish I'd bought it when
it was in print! Anyone know what the going rate is (in the unlikely event
anyone puts a copy up for sale)?

Me:
I just got Dragon Pass (unpunched counters) through auction for $47.00 (and then there's postage!)

James Frusetta asks:
I'm trying to build up my stock of Gloranthan minis; any one know of past
manufacturers? Offhand, I can think of Ral Partha and Dragon Claw, but I vaguely recall there being others. GW ever make 'em, to go with their UK RQ license?

GW did make a range of RQ minis in the days of RQ2, but as was discussed earlier on the digest didn't always capture the feel of Glorantha as it is currently presented. In particular, just about everyone was dressed in Classic Greek garb, from Humakti in Classical Greek armour, Issaries rune lord in classical Greek armour, and various others in classical Greek armour! Their Trolls were more human looking than the accepted image of 'dog-like' snouted Trolls. Their 'newts were a bit more plain than those made by Ral Partha and Dragon Claw, more like the early Citadel lizardmen, but on the whole they were of an excellent standard and nice to paint.

I was fortunate enough some 6-7 months ago to be chatting to the guy in Esdevium Games in Aldershot about these old minis, when he remembered an old dusty box in the store room.....
#20.00 got me over 200 of the dear little fellows. Bargain buy of the decade if you ask me.

Ralph Plowman
were.ralph_at_virgin.net

Oh, and their Morocanth adventurer has thumbs!