Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #489

From: styopa_at_iname.com
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 13:26:35 -0600

>Subject: A +1 Sword in Glorantha

I'm not sure about others but I do have a) mundane weapons/armor with minor bonuses due to quality. Anyone who is anyone would LOVE to have a mostali craft them an iron weapon - aside from all the benefits of iron, the quality (IMO) gives it anywhere from a +5-+20 to hit (perfect balance) and +2-+6 on damage (after all modifications...i.e. you don't add the +2 and THEN double for iron vs a troll, frex.)
b) minor magic items - the kind of thing a warrior might have enchanted with a less-than-stunning amount of lunars.

Of course, one should also be cognizant of the fact that I DO apply damage to weapons, I DO require players to maintain their weapons and armor or they eventually become useless or worse, unreliable.

Finally, quality weapons invariably are expensive and/or have a history/notariety that makes them additionally interesting to use in a campaign...."Nice scimitar. Funny, it looks just like Black Pete's sword...I'd never forget THAT one. Quite a beaut. Funny, Pete's not been back in a fortnight....where'd you say you got this from, again?" - -Steve (styopa_at_iname.com)
or at work (Steve_at_lepmsp.com)
http://start.at/steveland