+ 1 swords (cont)

From: richard <richard.develyn_at_nwpeople.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 17:35:06 +0000

Thanks for the help received so far.

Continuing the subject, and bearing in mind that I'm looking at this from a Gloranthan "logic" POV rather than game mechanics:

Good quality items of any sort which improve certain skills are, I think, ok. Would they be relatively common I wonder?

For example, has there ever been:

  1. a human/dwarven army all equipped with superior quality axes, hammers, whatever.
  2. an elven army with superior quality bows and arrows
  3. mass produced elven rope
  4. a Chalan Arroy temple choc-a-block with something resembling Savlon antisceptic cream.

This question could be translated into one of the relative distribution of superior craftsmen, and whether they are employed by rulers and noblemen and forced to churn out stuff for their armies, friends, what have you.

If such a thing happens now, or has happened in the past and the stuff that was made was/is dureable (important point), then it's quite likely that anybody who's anybody now will have items which are at least the equivalent of +5 (RQ terms) or better.

Or is it the case that +5 swords would never have been made. If someone was going to make a superior sword they would make it *really* special, and it would be pretty distinguishable, and pretty rare.

Or maybe some superior quality stuff is mass produced, and other stuff isn't.

Any thoughts?

Richard
- --

Richard Develyn                                 Tel: (UK)-1732-743591
Principal Architect / Development Manager       Fax: (UK)-1732-743597
Network People International                    http://www.nwpeople.com