Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #494

From: Simon Phipp <simon.phipp_at_walshwestern.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 18:28:52 +0000

Peter Metcalfe:
> Quite a few. Coldfort (ToTRM#10) is a Loskalmi Fort in the Ygg's
> Isles.

Oh, I didn't know that - having not read that issue for a couple of years.

> Previous adevntures: Killing a pack of Wolf-pirates at the age of
> 12. This argues for either a Fronelan origin rather than a Sartarite
> one. If she was from the Holy Country then she would have been well
> known given their track record against the Wolf Pirates.

True, but she could have been from any coastal area the Wolf Pirates raided.

> The Queen
> of the Kiss is thought to have been an Ulerian High Priestess of
> Zoria in Fronela. Shortly afterwards She meets Harrek.
I always wondered where The Queen of the Kiss came from. Never thought that she was a Ulerian though, she always seemed to have tried to force her attentions on Gunda which is why her back was broken.

> Seems to
> argue for a Fronelan origin, methinks.

Maybe.

Joerg (who may well be joking, hard to tell)
> Simon Hibbs (not Phipp)
> >Ah, but Gunda's mother was raped by an evil sorcerer, a
> >deed which resulted in Gunda's birth. How many sorcerers
> >live up in the Yggs Isles?

Actually, Simon Phipp (not Hibbs). I'll have to start signing with my surname, I think.

Anyway, sorry for rubbing people up the wrong way, that was not my intention. I have very little time to read the Digests and tend to skip through them, highlighting the parts that interest me. Hence, I sometimes miss relevant postings. Also, I have very little time to keep up to date with current Glorantha and have read virtually nothing in the past 8 months, so I am a little rusty. If I have annoyed anyone I apologise.

Simon Phipp

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #495