Praxian Warrior - The Movie

From: CWARD_at_srv0.bio.ed.ac.uk
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 13:10:07 +0000

Hi all,

On MOB's webpage, he muses about possible Gloranthan films, but at least one has been made and set in everyones favourite chaperal to boot.

Am I the only Brit who remembers watching the childrens tv program "Screen test" c1982?

This program would show short clips from movies followed by a round of questions relating to the clips. It also ran a "young film-makers competition", the entries to which were screened one a week. Imagine my surprise when one week the film was announced as "Praxian Warrior". The film was a short animated piece featuring a horse-mounted warrior (doubtless a Pol Joni) and if remember rightly he comes to a sticky end following an arrow-in-flight shot a la "Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves".(Obviously from a young director ahead of his time).

The director appeared on the show with his star model/puppet, which the presenter refered to continually as "Prax". The film, unfortunately did not win that years prize. (Why do I remember all of this ?).

Anyway, I thought I would share this piece of useless trivia with you all, and apologise if it is listed in the MiG.

Cheers - Chris.

ps. The director isn't reading this somewhere is he ?