Minor stuff

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:36:14 +1200 (NZST)

Richard Develyn:

Me>> There are no shamans of Foundchild, only Master Hunters. A Shaman
>> or assistant can be an initiate or Master Hunter of the cult. However
>> his spiritual duties take priorty and a Master Hunter is usually a
>> normal member of the shaman's ethnic group.

>Slightly confused here. I thought all the spirits described in TOTRM and
>BoDR could be worshipped by shamen?

They can be. I'm just pointing out that the chief intermediary between Foundchild and his worshippers is a Master Hunter, not a Shaman. It is more effective for 'primitive' cultures to worship him in such a manner.

Alain Rameau:

> So, is there any areas on Glorantha were the culture would have
> analogies with the Arabian Night Culture (Aladdin, Sinbad, ...) ?

Fonrit.

Richard Meints:

>1. RQ2 stuff has the info I need. Let's start with the heavyweights:

Richard curiously leaves out the RQ Companion & Griffin Mountain. GM has been mostly repeated in Griffin Island save for the gloranthan stuff but very little of the RQ Companion has been reprinted - the best bits are the Holy Country wrietup and the Jonston Compendium.