Ralzakark's Lament

From: K. Paul McDonald <kpaul_at_unity.ncsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 10:09:44 -0500

Sandy issues correction...

> 1) In Paulis' story, Oddi does not either use the sword's wyrd
> to kill the broo king -- Oddi is quite alive and well at the end of the
> tale. He just kills the broo king who does somehow come back to life
> once.

I will re-read the story, but as I recall it clearly states that he 'uses the wyrd of the sword to deal Ralzakark the Final Death.' (small quotes used to paraphrase) - the confusion may be that I recall the complete story, which was broken into two parts - one in Dorastor, Land of Doom, and the other in Lords of Terror. (I think - sometimes I get LoT confused with DR-Chaos) Both "Ralzakark" and Oddi are dead in the end, as best I can recall, though you surely have a point that the unicorn broo he killed might not be the real Ralzakark. If my memory fails me, then I apologize profusely in advance!

> K. Paul McDonald misses the point

Not really - I completely understand, and was not contradicting. I was lamenting. There is a difference. Perhaps this list is not a suitable platform for me to grind my chaos-hateing teeth in frustration over the big "R"'s survival! <laugh>

Believe me, I am not nearly so simple as to assume that everything that happens in the most Chaos infested patch of Glorantha should be taken at face value! That would be foolish. In my own twisted way, I was prodding for more information. I shall endeavor to be more direct in the future. ;)

> What if Ralzakark, instead of being some colossal semi-mythic
> manifestation, is just a strong and smart broo? And something _else_
> is going on?

Curse my devious soul, but I *like* this idea! I have such a passion for twisted plotlines that this idea really appeals to me. I'll have to give it some thought... :)

Not in the face!
K.Paul McDonald