Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #521

From: Paul McDonald <kpaul_at_unity.ncsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 17:57:08 -0400

I wrote...

> >This raises another question in my mind, though. What was the fate of
> >the Bilini army, such that no record of its defeat exists? That it
> >was betrayed seems obvious, but where and how?

Peter Metcalfe replied...

> It besieged a city in Lakrene along with a chaos horde. The city
> held out longer than expected and the horde became hungry and so
> turned on the Bilini?

This is a simpler and more reasonable explanation than I had come up with - although more humiliating for the Bilini! ;) I had supposed that the Lunars had made a deal with Ralzakark to prune back Bilini power, and didn't want a record of the treachery. Perhaps they used the Vampire Legion (which is an official state secret) to assist the Broo Army If the vamps are in Carmenia, then they aren't *that* far away, and could use a good field trial in the hinterlands (fewer witnesses). Still... all things being the same, the simpler explanation tends to be the right one. I have a strong tendancy to over do things. :)

This occurs in 1629, and if Charg is out from under the ban it could complicate matters also - depending on what is in there. If Sandy is right about it being highly dramatic, then it could affect all kinds of stuff in the region. These are not idle questions for me, by the way. Since I am currently running a game using PenDragon Pass (If anyone has not purchased Enclosure #1, then they are missing out!) 1629 will be upon me by around November of this year. That means that I really appreciate the assistance I am recieving here, both direct and indirect.