Question about Runegate and other places.

From: Xavier SPINAT <spinat_at_poly.polytechnique.fr>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 20:46:52 +0100

Hi,
the questions I'm about to ask will proove that I didn't read my books very carefully. Or maybe some details were lost in the translations...

The first questions I ask are about Sartar in 1621 or so... Why is Runegate called like that? Except its location and that a battle happened there, what is known about this city (or rather this fort?)

There are several "forts" in Sartar (like Two-ridge fort). Who constructed them and who "hold" them now? (I guess that hold is not the correct word but...)
Places like Redbird, Famous Bell,... are they forts or small towns? Are any lunar military units permanently stationned there?

A few details in the french version of Apple-Lane still confuse me: in a small and uncommented map of Apple-Lane surrounding, some weird places are mentionned:
"Autel noir" (black altar), "Sanctuaire de Tarndisi" (Tarndisi's sanctuary),... Did I miss something or are these notes explained somewhere? Why is Larnste's Table (I'm not sure about the english name) magical?

Another question, more in history than geography now, about the EWF. Once again, I mainly know the french names so the double translation may give some unexpected words.
Some people called the "remodellers" created the "centaurs of pain". These centaurs were "not allowed" to die by their creators... and that was the source of their suffering. Does that mean that the EWF-people mastered Death in some way?
Except for Farang Farosh (and Delecti), is any human of EWF possibly still alive?

Thanxalot in advance for constructive answers and/or references...

Xavier

spinat_at_poly.polytechnique.fr (Xavier SPINAT)