Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #559

From: allen wallace <alwallac_at_linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 12:06:19 -0700 (PDT)

Philip,

>The way I see it now (I used to be generous) is the spirit will

attack with all its resources, so the first thing it would do is try and

befuddle or demoralise the priestess, or cast spirit screen if it had it

(and it might have tried to learn it in the time that it's been dead, it

would be much more useful than bladesharp to a dead spirit).

  I've always seen the spirit combat aspect of resurection as the Healer using her own life force and spirit to rebind a now freed spirit back into the world. I've never believed there would be animosity involved in the resistance, its more like keeping herd on a small child or kitten, there are just too many new distractions pulling the spirit tyhis way and that. If a Humakti was the target of the resurection, then it would be a fight, almost certainly fatal to the healer.

                                Allen