Re: Enlightenment

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 22:30:27 +0200

Lord Julian:

> Of course, if Gloranthan "enlightenment" isn't like RW Enlightenment,
> then the above is a load of puppy poo.=

What you wrote was far from poo, but this last line puts the spotlight on an important distinction: Gloranthan enlightenment and illumination are magical states of mind in a fantasy world which is radically different from our world in some respects. So, they are not necessarily completely explainable to us.

It is great fun to speculate about what lunar illumination and Kralorelan enlightenment really are, but I think there will always be a core which we will have to just accept without being able to tell how they work.

Back to the speculation: yes, both illumination and enlightenment can bring intellectual clarity. The distinction I tried to make lies in the method to achieve the desired state: mainly subconcious influences or conscious study. In the end, both require revelation.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/