Mythic stuff

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 15:00:18 +0100

Richard Develyn :

>A related question is how do priests find out what the myths relating
>their gods are? We spoke before about written and oral traditions, and
>their limitations. What about the lone priest up on a mountanside, far
>from any theatrical re-enacments / HQs to show him the way, how does
>he find out what it's all about? Does he have to HQ (can he?), or can
he
>somehow view what is happening on the Hero Plane without having to
>fully participate?

If he's a priest, he must already know much of his own religion's rituals and myths, otherwise what's he doing being a priest? The fact that he knows at least 10 points of divine magic means he is already familiar with the myths by which his god obtained those powers.

I presume he'd find them out in the same way that any terestrial priest would find out about the myths and lore of his or her religion.

Simon Hibbs