Campaign Styles

From: George W. Harris <gharris_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 16:23:53 -0400 (EDT)

>Michael Cule answers Bruce Hollebone:
>
>> I've made this suggestion before and I'll make it again. For Pendragon
Pass and
>> Hero Wars I think the time tick should be the season: you have one adventure
>> each season.

        Hmmm. I don't think there should be anything in the game system that would dictate the pace of a campaign. One of the best Gloranthan campaigns I was involved in had stretches of time during which the PCs never had more than a week or two of rest, and those were few and far between. I would also hope that the new Gloranthan RPG would be farily scalable wrt powere levels, for there can be as much enjoyment in roleplaying goatherds as Garreth...
- --
Doesn't the fact that there are *exactly* 50 states seem a little suspicious?

George W. Harris                        gharris_at_dur.mindspring.com

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #658