Re: Tolat Rune Ladies

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 13:46:53 EDT

Xavier:

<< + What would be the likely requirements to achieve Rune Lady of Tolat  status? (perhaps the same as for humaktis plus a APPx4 roll as a test?)>>

     Personally, I'd go for the Shargash rune lord requirements, replacing one or two of the combat skills with something more fertility oriented (APP or perhaps Orate seem acceptable candidates in the absence of anything better).

 <<+ By the way, what other names could be used to name these Rune Ladies?;  "Rune Lady of Tolat" is not very appealing. "War maidens"?>>

    War maidens sounds good to me. Shargashi rune lords, incidentally, are called 'Destroyers'.

<< + Something else: Do amazons have access to "Sever Spirit"?>>

     I can't see why they would, although it isn't out of the question, I suppose. Tolat doesn't strike me as quite that fanatically pro-Death in the way that Humakt and Zorak Zoran are.

<< + Finally: Do the amazons ride horses or any kind of mount?, if not, as I assume, where do I place the percentage on Riding that my job (barbarian warrior) gives to me? Provided that the amazons use shurikens and they live pretty close to Kralorela, I would place that % on Martial Arts. What do you think?>>

     I'd agree that amazons do not routinely ride mounts (although I don't think they have religious proscription against it). Martial Arts seems quite a plausible replacement to me.

<< - ->If someone has Enclosure #1, please, let me know about the
requirements to achieve Rune Lord status in the Shargashi cult,>>

     Five combat skills at 90%+, and have killed a suitably large number of enemies, plus the usual RL requirements.

<< and the Spirit Spells taught.>>

     Bludgeon, Fireblade, Firearrow, Speedart, Demoralise, Countermagic, Fanaticism, Strength, Endurance, Mobility, Vigour, Coordination, Protection, Heal, Ironhand, Ignite, Light. Rune Lords get Mindspeech too, and Priests get a variety of spirit-related stuff.

     But I'd really recommend you acquire yourself a copy of Enclosure, which has much more fun stuff in it - in the case of your specific enquiry for instance, it has details of Shargash's divine spells, many of which are new.

Forward the furious Red Destroyers!

     Trotsky