Teleos

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 23:36:24 +1200 (NZST)

Erik Nolander:

>>These influences would have helped create a synthetic high Teleos
>>tradition during the early second age (before the God Learner's
>>attempts at conquest).

>I like this! As you say, there is probably some warped sect in interior
>Teleos who still rigidly hold on to the old "Eastern" ways.

I'm thinking more like warrior brotherhoods and sacred bands scattered throughout the jungle.

>And what
>about this (rather weird) idea? The dragonewts on Teleos are really
>worshippers of the Path of Immanent Mastery, who got locked in their
>dragonewt form as a result of the Closing. I know, it probably doesn't
>rhyme with the Teleosan myths, but it could explain why there is no
>Inhuman King on Teleos. It also somewhat explains the islanders attitude
>towards the Dragonewts, IMO.

The Path of Immanent Mastery is not worshipped in Teleos. Secondly, during the Second Age, Teleos was under the control of the Grand Vizer of the Soul Pearl rather than the New Dragon's Ring. So the POIM connection is unlikely.

That does not exclude any connections between the 'newts and the humans however. IMO the humans would think they were descendants of the dragonewts.

>BTW, I'm still interested in if someone knows anything about Truant
>Tricksters, and why they would be present on Teleos.

Magic Mushrooms?