Chinese

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_hol.fr>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 14:52:52 +0200

Nils Weinander:

> David Dunham:
> >
> >Sounds like written Chinese to me. Are all the mutually unintelligible
> >Chinese dialects related? (They may be, I can't remember.)
>
> They have to be rather closely related as languages
> go in so far that the grammatical structure must be
> the same.

Nope. Purely ideogrammatic systems are sort of like V. V. VERY! stylized comic strips. One of these dialects (in fact many of them are entirely separate languages, but that's taxononmy for you), at least, (although I inconveniently forget which: is it Tokay?) is Indo-European, using Chinese script. These languages would share more a rhetorical system than a grammatical one, I think.

Thanx for the ancient egyptian correction, BTW. Got done in by Asterix and
Cleopatra; hardly academically reliable source material ...

Back to your scheduled Glorantha.