Mr Suitcase speaks words of wisdom once more

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 22:03:54 +0100

Conventions are full of few new faces,
>and even the die hards slowly fade in numbers. The morale of the RQ
>community is, barring some Hero Wars optimism, pretty low. No new blood.
>
>What can be done? Get new
>people to give it a try.

So a sample idea might be to oh, I don't know, have a day entry scheme (for people who know Chaosium only through Mythos or maybe Call of Cthulhu, but know nothing about Glorantha or how much fun freeforming can be) at any upcoming conventions? <g>

> Play games in Glorantha. Start a campaign.

The above said, if I get sifted as one of the Hero Wars GM's then I'll do just that. My local uni's got a fairly large group (30-50 or so) and I'm sure I'd be able to get them interested. In fact, it'd be very interesting to see what people who know nothing about Glorantha's first impressions would be. Is there too much depth & background to be known for players to make sense, will the game system give them a fresh look at roleplaying and give them a feeling of what a HeroQuest (regardless of the fact most of them will only have a superficial understanding of what one is) is like.

I honestly hope so, but I just get that feeling that the more hype there is, the more I'll feel let down. If you expect dirt, you're happy with sand. If you expect gold, are you satisfied with bronze?