Hal's Cameos

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_hol.fr>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 14:27:46 +0200

Hal Bowman makes an excellent contribution.

Among other things I like his football hooligans, and I can imagine medieval football (where each team is an entire village, one goal is in one village, the other goal in the next one, and the brutish hooligan supporters are also the star players in the game. One game a year, and one goal scored, i believe, every two or three games ...) being usefully combined with the yearly raid as a "more civilised" version of ordinary inter-clan violence among the Orlanthi.

Who needs Trollball?

> Of course this boat race festival is a subset of the much larger
> "athletic gathering" class of scenarios. These include the Olympics,
> Highland games, soccer/football tournaments,Trollball, Shield Push,
> Garhound contest, cricket.

Cricket :

Surely, a game of inscrutable Kralori Mystics?

A Tiny Crack to Hell! is way cool, too !!