Mass Combat in Glorantha.

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 13:27:58 EDT

My own attempt at mass combat in Glorantha was basically to scale everything. The idea was to link RQ timescales to Dragon Pass scales in a relatively smooth way..

The result:
melee 1hex=1metre, 1 round 12 seconds. - individuals , detail to hit locations
skirmish 1 hex=9metres, 1 round = 108 seconds - individuals,

battle       1 hex=81 metres, 1 round = 15 minutes - small units
war           1 hex=729metres, 1 round=2.5hours - centuries
campaign 1 hex=6.5km,      1 round =1 day - units as per DP

I have used it for my Campaign Scale map of Carmania for battles during the Blood King's War.

Keith Nellist