RE: Searching the Digest

From: Nick Hollingsworth <NickH_at_compans.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 13:05:05 +0100

Me:
> [some waffle about how nice it would be to have a full archive of the
> lists that was undigested, searchable and threaded]
some
Kevin Rose

> One does exist. I built it ... You can reach it at
chmeee.pronetsolutions.com\gd.
> If anyone wants to set up their own version ...[its]... 120MB in size,
plus
> more than 60MB for the index.

I hadn't heard of this.
At the moment chmeee.pronetsolutions.com is not replying to a ping and anyway
using the Internet before 6 has an on the spot penalty of being quartered and
dragged through the streets. So I will look at it when I can.

Is the idea of forwarding undigested onto a dedicated and moderated newsgroup
a stinker folks? Then DejaNews could come up with the 180M to archive it, which
is what they do for a living after all.