RE: RuneQuest : Whodunnit?

From: Nick Hollingsworth <NickH_at_compans.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:45:45 +0100

Ashley Munday and Julian Lord mention the Games Workshop editions of RQ.

Games workshop have gone on to be a huge concern over here - for a wargames
company anyway.
They market a fantasy wargame that includes evil chaotic beastmen that are half
human but with beast (often goat) heads and legs. The forces of chaos are very
unpredictable and gain chaotic gifts that take the form of random physical or magical
mutations; a take on chaos quite unlike the D&D influenced games that were around
before. These are very popular and visible parts of the game.

To be fair to GWs marketing of RQ...

The GW RQII was just a straight reprint wasn't it? But with a slightly crapper
but basically similar cover. I bought several copies along with 'real' versions
of the rules and was happy to have them.

I seem to recall the price of the GW version of RQIII being more reasonable
than the AH one. And though the GW artwork is tacky and drawn out of a huge pool of generic art its not worse then a lot of the AH stuff from the early
days of the relationship (*cough*DaveDobyski*cough*). And they put a hardback
cover on it too. And I could walk 25 feet from my office now and buy from a
huge range of broo figures.