Re: HW Mechanics

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 19:13:14 +0100 (BST)

Nick Brooke comments on Plot Points:

> You can spend them [...] to improve your result on one die
> roll by one level, once, after the roll (i.e. from failure to success, from
> big failure to failure).

There's an interesting feature here, I note tangentially; one PP can improve a result directly from "Success (Loser)" to "Big Success" (or in PD terms, from Partial Success to Critical). This seems mildly odd to me, but doubtless isn't serious (and may even have been intended...)

I can see why George Harris might not like 'em, used in this way. Try them though, by all means, and if you remain implacably opposed, then either (as a GM) throw them out entirely, at least as used in this way; or (as a player) voluntarily refrain from using them, or delegate the use of them for your character to the referee. Just a thought.

Slainte,
Alex.