Re: Action Point accumulation

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 17:42:53 +0100

Pete Nash :

>Ok. A single plot point ceiling would reduce the potential abuse. But I

>can still see the situation arrising between two characters of equal
>mastery when the foe has built up a very large resovoire of action
>points from defeating the player's allies, and friends.

Action Points represent advantage in combat due to possition, morale, windedness, etc. In order to carry over APs from one combat to another you should be bale to justify it in descriptive terms. Surely the advantage represented by APs must be visible in some way.

This is the basic intent of the mechanic. If you can justify to me as GM why you should be able to carry over your advantage from defeating the plebs into your conflict with the bat, then and only then would I let you do it. Any use of the game mechanics by a player during a contest should be justified in descriptive terms.

This seems bleedingly obvious, and is in fact implicit in the rules as I understand them.

Simon Hibbs