A Clarification: HW

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 18:28:28 GMT

Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie> slightly misunderstands me:
> Michael Cule writes:
> > The scale of the game drops the PCs right into high level Gloranthan
> > adventure.
>
> Maybe I have my wires crossed, but I thought that Nick posted that this
> was _not_ the case; to wit, that the standard character generation
> rules produced characters _without_ a level of mastery? (Unlike the
> demo game fellas.)

The characters don't have a level of mastery (excpect for the idiotic 'free' level of mastery they get by virtue of being PCs over 'ordinary folks') but they do start out with their core abilities at the equivalent of 70% and lesser ones at 60%. This is high level compared with RQ starting characters.

The system certainly don't allow for starting with 15 year old initiates: you're supposed to be persons of some distinction when you start.

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.