Cut and bleeding, but triumphant.

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:23:51 +0100

>Pete Nash
>> 5) Although the contest resolution works fine for verbal or
>> non-dangerous conflicts I think it fails when it comes to combat.
>> Using this system to resolve a combat between two opponents only the
>> person who loses all of their action points first would be wounded
>> or killed. I agree with Michael Cule that this is too much of an
>> abstraction and I prefer to see the other participant suffer
>> some injury (or its equivalent) during the fight too.
>
>Easy solution for this - make the fight go through several stages (i.e.

>have the involved characters carried apart during the conflict by
>external agencies or character action).

Not necessery.

Suppose your character is beaten down to -10 SPs (or whatever) during a fight. She's wounded, but not out. If she wins the next contest she might be back to positive SPs, but she's still been wounded and still suffers whatever penalty the rules sugest. Of course if she loses again she'll be in even worse condition, but once you start losing you're in a very perilous situation.

I think that's pretty realistic.

Simon Hibbs