Troll transgenderism.

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 12:00:10 +0100

> >. If a troll matriarch had a chance to make some
> > of her male sons into daughters, capable of bearing her
 > > grandchildren, I think she'd grab it with both hands.
>
> No, the problem shows up when you start turning her
>grandaughters into (semi-)worthless sons...

What's that got to do with the price of fish? If you don't want to do it, don't do it.

>Or when an ambitious male troll turns himself into a female, thus
pissing >off the female trolls hiearchy.

Tough. In troll society might is right. She who wins gets to write the history books. Troll society is full of conflicts and being able to turn male trolls into females would doubtless couse more, but if it benefits the clan in the long run who cares?

>And the new female/new male troll doesn't know the right rituals, etc.,

That's what her mother is for - to show her the right rituals. A male troll who underwent the right without the support of his mother or other female relatives would be doomed. Tough.

>I think that a magically changed troll would have difficulty getting
>through the chain of ancestors.

I don't see why.

>If Great great grandma don't approve, you're going
>to have a much harder time reaching the goddess.

Why shoudl she disaprove? The main interest of the ancestor spirits is to have lots of living descendents to worship them. Daughters are far more valuable for this purpose than males.

>Remember that it's not just the LIVING matriarchs that you have to
>avoid pissing off. A huge part of the power structure is made up of
>spirits of the dear departed... all the way back to KL herself.

If anything this is an argument in favour of the change.

Troll culture is based on power. The power to reproduce is the greatest that trolls recognise, especialy since the curse. They're desperate, and they have _none_ of the snooty psychological hangups and inhibitions of humans.

Simon Hibbs