Kralori and EWF

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:38:09 +1200 (NZST)

Alex Ferguson:

CP>> Are there any written sources that refer to [the EWF being a
>>Kralori plot]. Anybody got any info?

>[...]

>What does that all have to do with the original question? Not entirely
>clear, but I note/gather that:

> o Both Lokarnos events are attributed to the Kralorelans.

Was this something that Greg said at the Convulsion? While the Kralori do say that the Sunstop was caused by the Emperor mediating on a rune and exclaiming 'Doh!' (or words to that effect), I'm not sure that the 'Exarchs moved a star to make a particular alignment necessary for the Evocation of Dragons' can be taken as referring to the planet Lokarnos.

In particular the said event occurs after the Dragon's Awakening Shudder of 1051 which is _after_ the EWF expire messily and the planet undergoes a tune-up.

> o The two span the lifetimes of both the GLers and the EWF.

Some God Learners outlived the fall of the EWF. Seshnela, Slontos and Jrustela went belly up circa 1050 ST, The False Dragons Ring karked it in 1120 ST and a God Learner Fleet was sunk in Koraru Bay (Fonrit) in 1077 ST.

>One obvious objection is that the Sunstop was a long, long time before
>anyone needed saving from anyone else. Another remarkable instance
>of Kralori forward planning? (!?) So take this with a pinch of
>something.

>From the empire that fell to the God Learners and took eight
years to respond to Sheng Seleris taking the Iron Forts (and by the time they did, he had devastated two whole provinces), I strongly doubt that the Kralori even have a backward planning department.