Re. Mastery and wounding

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:15:15 +0100

Pete Nash :

>That sounds good. But I thought that once you were down to zero SPs >or
lower you were no longer able to continue? Again, was this in the
>playtest rules? I must of skimmed them too quickly and missed a lot of
>this stuff.

No, you're right, once you're down to 0 you're out.

>One final question. If a player goes down to -30 and is dying, then
>gambles and luckily wins a couple of rounds and builds his SPs back up
>to positive and continues to route the enemy off the field. What
>happens to them then?

What do you think? As you pointed out, this is not covered by the rules becaue they assume you're out at 0 SP. The point is, the core game system is flexible enough to allow for such things if you wish. This kind of tinkering with the rules is realy premature though. Untill they are published you're just shooting at a moving target, and for playtesting you're testing the rules as they are, not what you think they should be. The only point I'm trying to make is that whatever the rules are in the end, you can always adapt them to suit your style of play.

Everyone I know who runs RQ has their own house rule for one thing or another. I doubt HW will be any different in this respect.

Simon Hibbs