Junoran Questions

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 23:19:39 +0100

Some questions that have occured to me while reading up on Junora and the rest of Fronela for the new campaign I'm starting:
  1. I note that all of civilised Fronela except Loskalm speaks a collection of Theyalyan derived dialects. What effect does this have on relationships between the Loskalmi and their neighbours? Does it reinforce the perception of the Loskalmi as 'foreign invaders'?
  2. 'Western' languages all use the same written language. Presumably this means that it uses an ideographic script (if that's the right word? Like Chinese, anyway). How tightly is this bound up with the system of Logic that existed before Time?
  3. Are all the Malkioni 'Holy Texts' in Western? Or are there some in later languages? Is it important that the Holy Texts be kept in the original? Are you not allowed to translate them the way Muslims aren't allowed to translate the Koran from Arabic? Is there a 'protestant' movement to bring the Truth to the peoples in languages they understand?
  4. Where did all these ruddy Orlanthi come from anyway? Ygg's Isles? How did the Orlanthi get *there*? Mythologically and historically, Heortland seems to have been the core of Orlanth worship (although presumably KeroFinela was the GodTime core).
  5. Presumably all the Malkioni lands outside Loskalm represent the high water mark of Loskalmi Imperialism in the Second Age?
    • -- Michael Cule