Cross dressing Yelmies

From: Benedict Adamson <ben_at_cd.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 18:07:34 +0100

Michael Cule:

>We all know that the Yelmies have insidous bouts of being compelled to
>dress up as women. (Oh, all right then. *Some* Yelmies!)

Is this really the case, or is it only an interpretation of the numerous references to cross-dressing in Dara Happa? I assume the latter.

Perhaps they don't ACTUALLY cross-dress. Perhaps `cross-dressing' is a Dara Happan legal euphemism that covers all aspects of male homosexuality, so their judges and legal texts are unsullied by descriptions of the details of abominable practices. Perhaps physical homosexuality is literally unmentionable to Dara Happans.