Multi-species initiation?

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 22:18:41 +0100

Yes, I know, this sounds silly. I've been asked to start running a Glorantha table-top campaign for some friends. They're long-term rleplayers, but don't knwo much about Glorantha, so I thought the idea of starting them all off with their clan initiation would be good.

But, two of them want to be ducks and the rest want to be human. So I need a mixed human/duck clan. Tricky!

The only answer I can see so far is to move from the hills to Boldhome, and have them all as Citizens of Boldhome rather than members of any particular clan. (people like this do exist: they're the ones the Mayor represents). I could then have Ducks and Humans being initiated at the same Orlanth temple in Boldhome, and at the same city (Sartar?) temple.

Anyone got any better ideas? Or any ideas how initiation as a citizen works?

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/