re: Mindspeech; Chariots

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:36:58 -0800

Arf Wilson asks

> is mindspeech language-specific?

In RQ3, no translation occurs. Whatever you say (actually, mutter) is heard by the target.

I believe in RQ2 days, we used this to translate. This is one of the many loopholes RQ3 closed (come on, it's a 1-points spell, way underpowered for a universal translator).

Richard Crawley wrote

You'll find lots about this on my web site -- start at <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/ralios/ralios.html>. And you're right, the Orlanthi of Dragon Pass don't use horses much in battle. Quite likely because they're too small to be terribly effective.