Orlanthi reincarnation

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 17:15:47 +1200 (NZST)

Michael Cule:

Me>> The Orlanthi do not believe in reincarnation.

>I believe (most strongly, based on hearing Greg say it) that they do.

It depends which Orlanthi he was talking about. The Esrolians may have a belief in reincarnation but KoS makes no mention of it.

>Orlanth's Hall is not an eternal residence but a stopping point on a journey.

>Humakt's Hall is however where your soul ends up. (Query? Until 'the next
>big war of the gods'? Or something like that? I seem to recall an implication
>that Humakt is doing an Odin and collecting warriors for a specific purpose.)

Humakti can look forward to a 'special section of Hell reserved for them to practice their and prepare for the Final Days, or at least the next full-scale war of the gods.' according CoP. I don't think these souls will be reincarnated then, it would be more like the the Legion of Dead Heroes digging their way out.

AFAIK according to KoS, Orlanthi souls do not go from Orlanth's Hall to Humakt's Hall. They are different places where you might end up after you have been judged by Daka Fal.