No constants, only slow variables.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 20:54:04 +0100 (BST)

Chris Bell admits:
> I know that what I'm about to bring up will tread perilously close to
> the sobjectivist debate

Merely "close"?

> Chaos, and it's nature...what makes it bad from other "bad stuff"?

In whose opinion, exactly?

> Why are Broos more objectively vile or a problem than, say, trolls?

They're not. Ask a Dara Happan, or a Westerner, or an Illuminate.

> Why is Dorastor a more objectively "bad" place on a cosmological
> level, than, say, Dagori Inkarth?

It isn't.

> What makes the Chaos
> entities fo various cultures worse than, say, Umath and his brood?

Generically because they're perceived as having no sane motivation, and as causing more irrevocable harm. Hence the "Bad Gods" vs. the "Evil Gods", and other similar rhetoric.

> an entity destroyed by [Kajabor] was often destroyed so completely
> that not even a name or any memory was left (this seems to be an
> attribute attributed to Chaos in general.)

Not really, though the "spiritual annihiliation" part certainly is. I think all (?) of Kajabor's "kills" suffered this fate, whereas the names of many killed by Chaos are known (though sometimes, little else).

Slainte,
Alex.