Non-silly Orlanthi questions

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 22:02:24 +0100

Alex Ferguson asked:

> Which aspect/subcult of Orlanth do (male) clan chiefs belong to?
Rex. Plus whatever other "aspect" you think they joined at initiation into adulthood.

> Which subcult do _female_ clan chiefs belong to?
Rex. And probably some other as well (Vinga or Thunderous would be my guess).

> Is there a "Thunderous" aspect of Vinga? Or do women join O.T. directly?
Since in the High Council scenario as published in Wyrms Footprints, Kallyr was the Thunderous rep. on the Council, I think women can join Thunderous, myself. Vinga has a few Storm powers, but is supposed to be game-equivalent to Orlanth Adventurous.

Of course, what women *can't* join is the overall Orlanth cult that includes his sacred progenitive powers. They just don't have the equipment. And finding a method of joining *just* Thunderous can be tricky. It can be done, obviously, it isn't like trying to join just the Death aspect of Humakt and missing out on the Truth side, but it isn't normal.

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/