Re: Nomad Gods

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 07:52:31 +0100

James Turner asks:

> How useful would Nomad Gods be in a RPG campaign?

IMO, very. At least as useful for a Praxian game as "Dragon Pass" would be for the Lunars in Sartar.

> Was most of the information in there put into Tales and Drastic?

Much of the "information" is in there, but what's missing is the wild and random *feel* of Praxian life. I think playing a few games of "Nomad Gods" will do more to improve your Praxianisms than any amount of study and reading. You learn to beat on your neighbours because you can, and they're weak; to take swift action when your shamans summon a weird but useful spirit; to hope to find allies and dread meeting chaotic foes at any unclaimed oasis...

> Would the map make a good players map of the area?

No -- it would have made a good referee's map of the area. (The players can get the old reduced version from the back of the RQ2 rules, reproduced on the big map from River of Cradles).

I say "would have" because the French edition cocked up the hex overlay in a very unhelpful fashion...

Nick
:::: web: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke>