Pent Ridge transvesticism

From: Erik Nolander <eriknolander_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:17:00 PDT

Hiya all,

I and a friend (who goes by the name of Otto, by the way) recently begun working on a campaign in the mines of Pent Ridge, based on the excellent article by MOB in Ye Booke of Tentacles. When doing this, we came up with the following idea for a possible power faction in the mines. I just wanted some feedback, and maybe some more ideas as well. Personally, I find it more MGF than heretical, but what do you think, good people? Apologies to those of you who don't have access to Ye Booke... What the heck, if you don't have it, buy it, since it's really good! ;-)

YELMALION TRANSVESTITES: This group, led by former priest Daystar, controls the lower part of the mines. They are considered to be vile heretics of the worst kind by most righteous Yelmalions. Daystar was once a high ranking Light Priest (Light Son?) who claims that transvesticism is in fact endorsed, and not despised, by Yelmalio. When he formed his own coven in 1613, he and his followers were arrested, but for some reason they were not executed for their heresy. Instead, they were condemned to serve life sentences in the Dark shift, as far away from the light of Yelm as possible.
Daystar himself is a true fanatic. However, the usual mad zealotness associated with religious fanatics is not apparent in his behaviour. The first impression he gives is one of calmness and piety, but underneath the surface lies a ruthless and plotting mind. He tolerates no questioning from his followers, and those unfortunate enough not to realize this probably will last as long as a lone broo in a Storm Bull temple. This is not usually a problem, however, since his followers are brutally loyal to him (think Jim Jones and his flock), although recently, some dissent has begun to stir. Nothing has been said to Daystar's face as of this date, though. Daystar has been planning his escape ever since he arrived at Pent Ridge, and also his subsequent attempt to overthrow Count Solanthos and assume the throne himself. However, he is extremely patient, knowing that Yelmalio himself had to endure great pains for his justification, so he will not make a move unless he has everything covered. He is not a homosexual, by the way, and suggestions along that line are not appreciated. There are currently eight transvestite Yelmalions in addition to Daystar working in the Dark shift. Most of the actual mining are not done by either of them. Instead, they force the other prisoners in the shift to do the work, while they act as supervisors.

It's a bit unfinished as it is, but as I said, feedback is very welcome!

Cheers,

Erik Nolander