Prax and Stirrups

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 18:53:54 +1200 (NZST)

Nigel Phillips:

>The recent discussion of stirrups in the RW and in Glorantha prompts me to
>wonder if the Praxian animal nomads have stirrups or need them.

Pictures of the Unicorn Riders (Drastic: Prax p46) and the Zebra Riders (Genertela Book p89) do depict them with stirrups. I think by modern times the Sable, the Bison and the Rhino have all adopted the stirrup by seeing them used by people they raid whereas the High Llama, the Impala and other tribes have no need of stirrups or they're impractical because of animal physique and/or tactics.