Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #198

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 18:20:37 +1200 (NZST)

Ashley Munday:

>Forget all this mystical cock about Illumination (like it being some
>transcendental watchamacallit). Think of Illumination as being the
>realisation that everything you've been told isn't quite as black and
>white as you thought.

And so we are to junk completely the transcedental stuff in favour of a pure po-mo outlook? Why not have both mixed up? And it's been said before in the RQCon2 compendium and Peter Michael's commentary at

http://members.aol.com/pmichaels/glorantha/commentary.html

>Real world examples of this (in order of increasing improbability):

>--A Catholic realising that masturbation doesn't make your knob fall off;

Which would imply that the vast majority of catholics are illuminated.

>--Iain Paisely asking for a Priest on his death bed.

A non-illuminated reason for doing so would be 'Better that one of _them_ goes, than one of _us_'.